Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
Yield: 36 pieces
- 1/2 pound chorizo
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 36 pitted dates
- 36 toothpicks, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the chorizo and cook thoroughly for 5 minutes. Stir several times a minute.
- Transfer the chorizo to a cool bowl and stir in the bread crumbs.
- Use a paring knife to make a lengthwise slice down one side of each date. You should end up with dates that you can open up, somewhat like a book.
- Spoon ½ teaspoon chorizo into each date.
- Secure with a pre-soaked toothpick.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 375 F until some of the dates begin to blister, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.