Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
Yield: About 2 cups
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 cups firmly packed, roughly chopped kale
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, left whole, and scored
- 1/2 to 1 lemon juiced (Meyer lemon if available)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add the kale and garlic cloves.
- Boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer kale and garlic to a food processor or blender. Use a slotted spoon or tongs so that you can use the cooking water to thin the pesto.
- Add juice from half a lemon, nutmeg, pecans, and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Adjust for desired consistency by adding a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid (which will also add salt), and/or olive oil, and/or more lemon juice.
- Puree again. Season to taste with salt (or more slated water) and pepper.
Note: Use lemon juice to taste. Start with juice from half a lemon and then add more if desired. VARIATION: add half a cup of grated hard cheese, such as Parmesan or Asiago.
Recipe By: Andy Broder