Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pumelo, peeled, cut to remove membrane, and diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup pea shoots, roughly chopped
- 4 small roasted beets, diced
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 large apple, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 4 cups arugula, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To get pith and membrane-free pumelo slice a layer off the top and bottom. Slice deep enough so that you see the fruit. Set the pumelo on a cutting board and slice off the skin and white pith from top to bottom. Use a sawing motion. When all the skin is off cut the segments out by slicing along the white line that separates the segments - slicing toward the center of the fruit. After each wedge has been removed you'll be left with a skeleton made of membrane.
- Squeeze the juice out of the membrane into a bowl, then discard the membrane.
- Add all remaining ingredients except salt and pepper and toss. to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.