Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch kosher salt plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Coat the inside thoroughly with the oil.
- Cream 1/2 cup olive oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add the egg mixture in 3 increments - alternating with the milk.
- Carefully pour the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle the top with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Place into the preheated oven for about 35 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes before serving