Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
AndyFood Hot Spiced Cider
Yield: 10 - 12 servings
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 2 cups lemonade (or white wine)
- 1 apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken up
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons loose chamomile (or 2 chamomile teabags)
- Place cider, lemonade (or wine), sliced apple, raisins and butter in a large pot.
- Place remaining ingredients in a mesh tea ball, and place in the pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to simmer. Simmer for at least 30 minutes (and up to an hour).
- Remove tea ball. Keep warm and serve.
Note: Can be made in a slow cooker. Other ingredients that are nice additions: sliced oranges, strips of zest (orange or lemon), and a shot or two of brandy.
Recipe By: Andy Broder