Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, trimmed, and cut into long thin pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup jam or jelly of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place parsnips in an ovenproof dish. Toss with the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the water down the side of the dish (so you don't rinse off the butter).
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. If you're doing a big batch bake for a little longer. The parsnips should be somewhat tender.
- Remove the foil and toss in the jam. If the jam is really thick heat it for 10 - 15 seconds in the microwave so that it easily coats the parsnips.
- Bake uncovered until the parsnips are tender, 12 - 15 minutes longer.