Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
Mashed Parsnips with Endive and Pomegranate Seeds
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 head Belgian endive sliced across the leaves into thin strips
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the parsnips and 1 teaspoon salt into a small pot. Add enough water so that there's an inch of water over the parsnips.
- Cook over high heat until the water boils. Reduce heat so that the water is barely boiling. Cook until the parsnips are tender.
- Drain the water and add the butter. Mash the parsnips.
- Add teh endive and pomegranate seeds and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Note: Wait to add the endive and pomegranate seeds until just before serving, if you plan on making the parsnips a little ahead of time.
Recipe By: Andy Broder