Take cooking classes so you can eat great food every day. We're happy to share these
recipes for you to try at home.
There are 1 recipes on this page.
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 mangoes, peeled and flesh removed in long, wide strips(or pineapple, apricots, or dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the butter in a 10-inch baking pan or cast iron skillet. Butter the sides of the pan as well.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the bottom of the pan and arrange the mango attractively on the sugar.
- Cream remaining butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg mixture in 3 increments - alternating with the milk.
- Carefully pour the batter over the fruit and bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Cook 5 minutes and invert on a serving plate.
- Serve warm (with sour cream or whipped cream if desired).