There are 1 recipes on this page.
Yield: 5 dozen
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 persimmons, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Use your fingers to combine flour, sugar, and butter into a uniform crumbly mixture.
- In the measuring cup, whisk together the egg and Marsala wine. Add the Marsala mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Then knead (with your hands) until smooth and shiny. Allow dough to rest while making the topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Whisk together flour sugar and allspice.
- Add grated persimmons and melted butter. Stir until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Roll out half on a floured surface, to a thickness of 1/4 inch or a little thinner. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Set cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or a lightly greased baking sheet). Spread a little of the persimmon mixture on top.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 11- 14 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
Note: Variation: for the topping omit the butter and use 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese instead, and use nutmeg instead of allspice.
Recipe By: Andy Broder